DEC H207 Core Memory Boards

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 18:43:52 CDT 2009

On 7/10/09, Brent Hilpert <hilpert at cs.ubc.ca> wrote:
> While the use of the H207 has apparently been determined, out of curiousity was
>  there ever any ECC core memory for the PDP-8?, it might have have had a width
>  of 16 or 17 bits.

I have never seen ECC core for any DEC machine (but don't take that as
the definitive answer).  The PDP-8/L, though, was commonly shipped
with parity (there's space in the CPU chassis that's pre-wired for the
parity support cards and the slots for the core sense/inhibit wires
are wired for 13 bits).  It might also be supported in the -8/i, but
I'd have to look that up (I know about the -8/L for certain because
one of mine arrived with that option populated).

-ethan