TCP/IP for VMS 5.4

Allison ajp166 at bellatlantic.net
Sun Jul 12 07:25:51 CDT 2009

>Subject: RE: TCP/IP for VMS 5.4
>   From: "Robert Jarratt" <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com>
>   Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 00:15:41 +0100
>     To: "'General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts'"	<cctalk at classiccmp.org>

If the Memory is at least 12MB and there are TWO RD54s than 7.3 is possibe
using a DELQA. It will run poorly.

>> I hate to tell you this, but a MicroVAX/VAXstation 3100 or 4000
>> series is going to be cheaper to get, and would take 50-pin SCSI
>> disks.  The DELQA shouldn't be that much of a problem to get, the
>> RD54 on the other hand is, and is what would likely cost.

You, got that right.  RD54s will be scarce as their working life was maybe 4-5
years max and shelf life is likely exceeded by now.  I know that as I sitll
have 4 running, for the moment.

Allison