vintage hardware still alive and kickin' -- another successful launch from vandenberg afb

Dan Roganti ragooman at comcast.net
Tue Jun 2 22:32:12 CDT 2009

Another successful launch from Vandenberg AFB.
Vintage hardware is still alive and kickin'  !

My buddy there tells me the contract for the TIPS facility has been
renewed at USAF Western Missile & Space center
With many more launches to come.
http://www.defense-aerospace.com/article-view/release/105054/delta-ii-launches-missile-defense-satellite.html

"TIPS consists of two systems of the CDC Cyber 840 computers, 21 systems
of the SEL 32/55 and 32/75A computers,  and  various peripheral and
supporting equipment on 2 acres of floor space."
http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/computers_mini_gallery_tips.html

I wonder what other vintage hardware is still in operation -- museum
collections don't count :)

=Dan