PDP 11/73 on the Internet

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Jun 6 14:04:46 CDT 2009

On Jun 6, 2009, at 2:10 PM, Kirn Gill wrote:
> And no, that's not going to motivate me to write a better editor. I
> don't know how. If I did, I would have already done it and the holy
> Emacs vs. Vi war would have been over, both sides having both lost.

   Emacs won that war ages ago. ;)    [dave dives for cover]

   But seriously...Editors are usually complex, but they don't always
have to be.  I've done a lot of work with CamelForth on Z80 (I have
two homebrew SBCs running it) and have added mass storage support to
it.  In support of that, I needed an editor.  I wrote a very basic
full-screen editor in Z80 assembler.  I must emphasize that it is
VERY basic, and it is very much tied to Forth system usage, but the
assembler source file is only 728 lines long.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL