Transistor Substitution

Scanning steven.alan.canning at verizon.net
Tue Jun 9 11:46:57 CDT 2009

I don't know where you are physically located (?) but I still think this
will be helpful. First place I check is the NTE Cross Reference Search ;

http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/NTExRefSemiProd.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm

I've found it to be very helpful finding replacement parts and even
datasheets I couldn't find elsewhere. According to their PDF datasheet an
NTE123A is a replacement. TO18 package, 40 Volt, 0.8 Amp, 300 MHz NPN
bipolar transistor. A 2N2222 would not work well here. Hope this helps.

Best regards, Steven