Supercaps (was Re: IBM 029 progress)

Eric Smith eric at brouhaha.com
Thu Jun 11 16:44:07 CDT 2009

Warren Wolfe wrote:
> Good Lord....  How big was that thing?  And, what voltage?
Possibly an Epcos B49410B2276Q000, now obsolete.  It was 75mm diameter
by 150mm tall, rated at 2.5V (2.8V surge).

Epcos made supercaps up to 5kF, but they appear to have gotten out of
that market.  Capacitors up to 100F are readily available from other
vendors; I haven't looked for alternate sources of larger values.

Eric