UNIX V7

Eric Smith eric at brouhaha.com
Thu Jun 11 16:56:33 CDT 2009

>> I want to shoot the people responsible for Objective-C.
> Any -specific- objections to the language?  And kid, seriously, calm
> the hell down...

I find the language to be OK.  Not particularly great, but not as nasty
as C++ either.  On the other hand, the Cocoa class libraries that
everyone else seems to have gone gaga over seem to suck to me.  They
seem overly complicated and difficult to use, compared to modern GUI
class libraries (e.g., Qt, Swing, Android), though I'll credit that
they're much easier to use than the old Mac toolbox.

I'd much rather be using Qt for the iPhone apps I'm developing, even
though I'd have to use C++ to do it.  C'est la vie.

Eric