IBM Thinkpad 600e can't get past password prompt...

Dan Gahlinger dgahling at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 18 17:06:28 CDT 2009

take it to a data recovery place, ask for a free estimate.
be prepared to pay $1200 or more.

as for the CMOS, you can still wipe it.

remove the HDD, then boot either floppy or CD that would bypass that password,
would also confirm exactly how it is locked.

you can still try to contact IBM for recovery (for a large fee I suspect)
otherwise you're SOL

Dan.