Doing DU0 bootable with RT11 5.3 from one TU58

SPC spedraja at ono.com
Fri Jun 19 01:27:49 CDT 2009

Thank you, David. The information is correct. I installed succesfully RT11
5.3 in the ESDI drive. And, by now, at least can start my PDP-11/23 PLUS
with one Operating System :-)

Complementing previous information, the system has (by now) 2044Kw (4Mb) of
memory in a couple of memory boards, and one Dilog DQ696 with its own setup
ROM in 175000. This is important, because I can't bootstrap the DU (by now
too) from the "START?" prompt of the PDP-11/23 PLUS and I must do it from
the ODT prompt with this sequence:

START? Y
@175000G
*DU0

If I've read my manuals correctly I think that is possible to automate this
with switches in the DQ696 and the PDP cpu and front panel.

I leave the previous messages below of this answer for someone that want to
use it for configuration purposes.

Thanks again. Regards.
Sergio