HP Calc emulators

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 14:44:32 CDT 2009

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Tony Duell<ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> Or is HP on its way to becoming a software company?  or down the tubes?
>
> IMHO HP _went_ down the tubes over 10 years ago when the test equipment
> became 'Agilent' (Note, I am not saying that Agilent went down the tubes...)
>
> It saddens me that a company who used to be known for making some of the
> best measuring insturments around are now known for cheap printers and
> scanners. And that they once made the best pocket calculators, now many
> of their calculators are just badge-engineered models.
>
> -tony

I'm pretty pleased with my HP 50G, although the physical packaging
(case design, keys) don't quite hold up to the older calculators.
Still, it's quite powerful and has a much better keypad than TI
calculators (except for the arrow keys, which are terrible).

John
--
"I've tried programming Ruby on Rails, following TechCrunch in my RSS
reader, and drinking absinthe. It doesn't work. I'm going back to C,