Diskless Vaxstation 2000 (was Re: PDP-11/23 H786 PSU Fault Finding)

David Comley david_comley at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 29 14:23:41 CDT 2009

--- On Mon, 6/29/09, Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks at gmail.com> wrote:

> While I've seen it, I haven't used one myself (thus can't
> check
> details) - all of my uV/VS2000 boxes have drives.

Thanks for pointing that out; I'd forgotten about the load board and the 12V situation. That's the first thing to try, loading up the +5V line. I'd be so happy if that's all it is.

I have the exact opposite situation - my VS2000 is driveless and has the load board in it.  I can't seem to keep an RD5x drive running long enough to install anything on it these days.

I did try to get it to run OpenVMS 7.3 diskless at one point but to no avail. Perhaps they were never meant to ? I didn't spend long looking at it.

-Dave