Stardent - Kubota Pacfic - Tektronix

Randy Dawson rdawson16 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 3 23:04:26 CST 2009

And there is this book:

The Architecture of Supercomputers: Titan, a Case Study (Hardcover)http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0126430608

In my other career as a computer graphics guru I had one of these machines.

For
a while, at the back gate to the Johnson Space Center my little
consulting office was the gathering point, and we socialized around
this toy.

I used this and some robotics to essentially play a
phonograph record by looking at images of its surface. This was for a
oil well mechanical caliper that recorded its data on a Edison-like
metal cylinder to monitor corrosion. No electronics could survive this
environment of 300C so the engineers came up with this amazing
recorder. I built the playback machine.

I have fond memories late at night, just me and this machine, coding away.

Randy