2-problems with VAXstation 3100-76 and VAX 3100 10e

Dan Williams williams.dan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 17:16:38 CDT 2009

> Having repeatedly tried and failed to get a hobbyist licence in the UK,
> for any amount of money,  I've come to the conclusion that either DEC
> really really dislike hobbyists or they actively want you to pirate VMS.
>
> Gordon

I am in the UK.  You need to be a member of Encompass to get the
license. I joined the USA group as it is free. The UK branch costs £50
a year for a hobby membership.
Try here :

https://www.connect-community.org/Membership/JoinConnect/tabid/58/Default.aspx

It can take a month or so, but as soon as you get a membership number
you get a license for the hobbyist website.

Dan