More broken Apples...

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri May 1 14:53:28 CDT 2009

> Well, I never used the PIE editor, but Wordstar clearly shows the
> difference between "ease of use" and "ease of learning".  IFF you
> are capable of learning, then it eventually becomes exceptionally
> easy to use.  If not, then there is plentiful software that claims
> to be "easy to use", but instead is actually only "easy to learn".

This applies to a lot of things, not just application programs.

IMHO RPN calcualtors are easy to use (although you have to spend a little
time learning how to use them), in that once you've learnt how to use
one, you don't, for example, have to worry about priority rules,
operations are simply done in the order you press them

Far too often, things that are 'easy to use' (really meaning 'easy to
learn') make simple jobs trivial, but difficult jobs next-to-impossible.
Since I don't generally have problems doing simple jobs, you can tell
which sort of product I prefer...