home brew S-100 backplane project

Andrew Lynch lynchaj at yahoo.com
Mon May 4 18:20:53 CDT 2009

[snip]

> Thanks and have a nice day!
>
> Andrew Lynch

Great pictures!  (Once I figured out that I had to use IE vs. Firefox.)  I
had forgotten how huge those connectors are.  It has been a very long time
since I worked on the unit that our personal computer club at Recognition
Equipment put together...

Charlie Carothers
--

-----REPLY-----

Hi!  Thanks!  My hope is that this S-100 backplane will be a successful
project and make available a tool that S-100 hobbyists can use to develop
new peripherals and/or test and repair the ones they already have.  The
ideal persons for this prototype phase would be those with experience in
building home brew S-100 systems and can identify and resolve issues with
the backplane, suggest improvements, etc.

There is very little S-100 development going on anymore so there appears to
be a dearth of tools available such as backplanes, prototyping boards, power
supplies, etc.  Some new parts are needed, I think, for even the most basic
repairs without using the legacy systems.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch