non-DEC-compat HW to read RX02's?

Nico de Jong nico at farumdata.dk
Sat May 9 12:47:11 CDT 2009

>> What non-DEC-compatible stuff out there can read RX02's?
>>
>> Obviously the original RX02 drive can read RX02's... as can all the
>> DSD, Sigma, etc. Q-bus, Unibus, Omnibus compatible controllers.
>>
>> But what can read RX02's using a generic SA801-type drive and a
>> PC-clone?
>
> I'm pretty sure that you're supposed to be able to do this with a
> Catweasel and the utils that make a DMK out of them (Tim Mann's name
> comes to mind).

I checked my Octopus system, and it says it supports the following DEC
formats:

RSX 5.25" 400k

VMS 3.5" 1.4M
VMS 5,25" 400K
VMS 8" 251K

VT180 5.25" 180K

RT11 5.25" 400K
RT11 3.5" 720K
RT11 5.25" 1.2M

Is RX02 identical to one of the formats mentioned above ?

You can also take a look at InterMedias site at
http://www.intermedia.uk.com/disklist.htm#D

Nico