DEC VT05 with OS/8 -- basic system rebuild?

Vincent Slyngstad vrs at msn.com
Wed May 13 01:05:48 CDT 2009

From: "Philipp Hachtmann"
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:40 PM

> Yes, yes, yes. BUT: The TTY handler is only responsible for
> the TTY: device used for things like
> DIRECT and other software using handlers.
> The keyboard monitor does not use TTY:!

I tried
    .SET TTY DELAY 12
as mentioned in the KL8E driver source, but I got
    % OPERATION NOT YET IMPLEMENTED

so just for grins, I tried:
    .SET TTY PAGE 1
    .SET TTY PAUSE 767
That seemed to do something like what you were trying for.  I'm sure
767 is much too large -- I used the largest value it would take,
because I was trying this on SIMH and wasn't sure I'd be able to
even see a shorter pause.  (It turns out even 10 is noticeable
on my SIMH.)

Your mileage may vary, depending on what options were enabled at
compile time.  Hope it helps!

    Vince