68000 coprocessor board

Mike Loewen mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Sat May 16 15:59:25 CDT 2009

On Fri, 15 May 2009, Mike Loewen wrote:

>   I'm trying to find some documentation for an HSC C016 processor board,
> which came with an IMSAI 8080 I acquired.

    After some more digging, I found a couple of references to this board.
HSC is apparently Hallock Systems, as explained in this note:

"As a side note, I once had a Hallock Systems CO-1668 68000 based
co-processor on my old Xerox 820-1. It had 2 Meg of memory and was able
to run CP/M-68K. It also supported a RAM drive under CP/M-80. The
CO-1668 basically used the Z80 CP/M system as a file and I/O server.
All of the CP/M-68K system calls were sent to the Z80 system and then
converted to CP/M-80 calls and then the operation was completed. Kind
of slow but it worked."

    Still looking for documentation...

Mike Loewen				mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Old Technology	http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/