BA123's as furniture. . .

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri May 22 02:41:24 CDT 2009

On Fri, 22 May 2009 00:24:26 -0400
tiggerlasv at aim.com wrote:

> > * In my experience, lots of people used to sit on BA-123s,
> > especially people who were large enough that they should have known
> > better.
> While I do agree that they should not be used as seating,
> they do make nice occasional tables, nightstands, and end
> tables.   ;-)
Please note 8. in the "Top 10 Signs that You are a VAX Geek" below.

At this verry moment I am sitting at a desk build out of a Sun
3/260 and a BA440 DSSI disk box. My work bench in the machie room is supported by a VAX4000-200 and a HP900-750.

Brian Chase, bdc at world.std.com

   Key traits identifying individuals tendencies towards abnormal
   preoccupation with VAX computer systems

9. When talking about building software you make reference to
   compilation times in weeks and days instead of minutes and seconds.

8. You stopped purchasing new furniture when you realized that
   your computers work just as well.

7. Your electricity bill is more than your monthly rent payment.

6. You've been hospitalized with muscle strain injuries after
   performing some routine hardware maintenance on your computer.

5. You don't have an SO, but it's okay because your computer keeps
   you warm at night.

4. While doing laundry, you occassionaly have a mental lapse and try to
   wash your socks and underwear in your 11/750.

3. Friends who visit you want to know why there are old-time movie reels
   stuck on your refridgerator(s).

2. Your house is pleasantly warm in the dead of winter, even with the
   air conditioning turned all the way up.

1. The lights in your home dim or flicker when you reboot.

0. It doesn't matter to you if someone else's computer is faster because
   you know your system could smash theirs flat if it fell over on it.

   And always remember, no matter what anyone else says. Bigger *IS*
   better.

--

tschüß,
       Jochen