Jones plugs, or similar sorts of plugs

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sun May 24 16:05:09 CDT 2009

> > No comment about RCA jacks ....

Which reminds me, I've seen RCA phono sockets and even 3.5mm jack plugs
(which you vcall 'mini phone plugs IIRC) used for _UHF_ TV signals. The
former were commonly used on the output of UHF modulator cans that
appeared in almost all the old home computers over here (the cable with
an RCA phono plug on one end and a Belling-Lee coax plug on the other to
fit UK TV aerial sockets is still a commonly available one). And I have a
portable TV that uses the latter as the aerial socket!

>    I think "F" connectors are truly the worst.

Horrible mechaniclaly, but I am told the RF performance is not that bad.
I've not tested it, though.