IBM 029 Keypunch has arrived

tiggerlasv at aim.com tiggerlasv at aim.com
Mon May 25 13:59:21 CDT 2009

On Mon May 25, Roger Holmes wrote:

> I have searched though eBay for normal US wall sockets and to
> my surprise cannot find them. I've tried all sorts of search terms
but
> obviously have not hit the right combination, unless there is some
law
> which prohibits them being sold retail or something like that.

Not too many folks out here refer to them as sockets anymore;
that term is typically reserved for light bulbs, though there is some
variation,
based on age, and geographical location.

Generally, people call them "outlets", but the NEMA terminology is
"receptacle".

Do an e-bay search on:    +receptacle 20A 20 Amp     (include the +
sign)

check-mark "include titles and descriptions" . . .  and then sort by
price+shipping lowest first.

That should help you find what you're looking for. . .