VT-6 kit

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Fri May 29 07:23:04 CDT 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 2:36 AM, bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
<bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca> wrote:
> PS. Still wondering ... did a VT220 work with a PDP8 running OS/8?

Yes.  I did it in the 1980s (in large part because the VT220 had 20mA
built-in).  I don't remember the terminal settings, though.

What did not work was the VTEDIT TECO macro.  There's something
inexact about the VT52 emulation in a VT220.  The cheapest solution at
the time was to get a real VT52 (about $50 to buy and $30 to ship).
That's what I did.

If you are just doing rather ordinary things with OS/8, a VT220 should
work just fine.

-ethan