What the heck is this?

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Sun May 31 17:14:36 CDT 2009

In article <6.2.3.4.2.20090531120005.03e272c8 at mail.threedee.com>,
    John Foust <jfoust at threedee.com>  writes:

> At 10:52 AM 5/31/2009, you wrote:
> >http://www.hgrindustrialsurplus.com/sub/product_detail.aspx?id=80-542-043&se
archtable=1&sortExpression=&SortASC=&pageSize=50&currentPageIndex=0&searchNAP=

> Yes, it's roughly a PDP 11/23 with a built-in terminal for the
> recently mentioned AMRAY electron microscope / PGT X-ray spectrometer.

Given that it appears to display graphics on the screen, its a bit
more than a "terminal", particularly since it supports color text.  So
you at least have some sort of indexed CLUT frame buffer in there,
along with software to render the measurements into 2D graphics.
Basic getpixel/setpixel graphics, I imagine, probably all done in
software with a simple memory-mapped framebuffer, but definately much
more than what one would think of as just a terminal from this period.