Non-fake Apple 1 on ebay

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 18 13:21:32 CST 2009

> Evan Koblentz wrote:
> > If the seller feels this unit is worth more than the others, then he
> > should price it at a slight premium vs. the others, for example $30k vs.
> > $20-25k.  However $50k is insane, especially in this economy.
>
> Maybe someone can explain this to me - what the heck is the big deal about
> Apple 1s? Obviously I'm in the crowd that just doesn't get it - but there's a
> big crowd out there that *does* get it - whatever "it" is.

They're rare. They're the first product of a computer company that's
still going and that just about everybody has heard of.

Why will some people pay a ridiculous amount of money for a square inch
or so of paper with some ink on it? (known as a rare postage stamp, of
course). I think I'd rather have an Apple 1 :-)

And to get back on topic, why is a Sinclar ZX80 (which I don't own) worth
many times the value of an HP workstation (which is a much better
designed and built machine)?

To be honest, I don't care about the value of my machines. If I see
somethign that iterensts me and which I can afford, then I'll probably
buy it.