Non-fake Apple 1 on ebay

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 07:05:11 CST 2009

Chuck Guzis wrote:
> On 20 Nov 2009 at 1:21, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>
>> In every picture I've seen, the Apple I's board has been
>> wave-soldered.

Yes, I think that was one of their selling points - that they *weren't* kits,
unlike so many other systems of the time.

> The 6502 to me always seemed to be a little "brain dead" compared to
> the 8080.  But that was a subject then of much debate.

With me it was always 6502 vs Z80 (I came in too late for the 8080), but same
thought - although, having seen some of the impressive things people have done
with 6502s, I don't think it necessarily matters (whether that's true of *any*
CPU I'm not sure - presumably there were some around that really did make life
incredibly difficult!)

cheers

Jules