Water damage

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Nov 21 21:59:45 CST 2009

On 21 Nov 2009 at 20:15, Ben wrote:

> What about the 99% stuff?

Go to any paint store or big-box store that sells paint and get a can 
of denatured alcohol.  If not 100%, it's very close--it's used to 
thin shellac.  If there's any water in it, the shellac dry cloudy, so 
the manufacturers usually take pains to make sure that it doesn't 

The denaturing agent is commonly methyl or isopropyl alcohol, 
rendering it unfit for human consumption.

You might also be able to find it as a camp-stove fuel at your local 
sporting goods supply store.

I fill my little bench dispenser with it as a defluxing agent.


More information about the cctech mailing list