Cleaning packs

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Tue Nov 24 20:04:20 CST 2009

On Nov 24, 2009, at 1:08 PM, geoffrey oltmans wrote:

> Dumb question (perhaps), but do the relative positions of the disk
> platters in the pack matter on these systems? I suppose it might for
> interleaving purposes for data already recorded.

I would suspect yes but never having cleaned multi-platter packs, I'd
only do that on packs that I don't care about the data (ie I'm going
to format the pack as soon as it's "clean").  If I care about the data
that *might* be on them I probably wouldn't disassemble (ie de-stack)
the pack.

TTFN - Guy