Classic computers endangered!

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 23:39:48 CDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 2:13 AM, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Pontus Pihlgren wrote:
>>>
>>> There are 15(-ish) computer museums just in the U.S.A.
>>
>> Not to mention the technical museums that does not focus on computers but
>> have large collections...
>
> Doesn't the National Museum of American History keep a sizeable collection
> too?

There was the last three times I visited the place, admittedly more
than 5 years ago now.

I was amused by the fact that several of the items they chose to
display were also items I happened to own (not the Apple I, though ;-)

ISTR an 18-bit DEC machine - perhaps a PDP-15? - off in a corner after
the first ramp or two.

-ethan