HP/UX 9.x (Was: DEC and HP hardware to go in Europe)

N0body H0me n0body.h0me at inbox.com
Tue Oct 6 11:20:34 CDT 2009

Oh, so TAMS actually owns that IP, then.  That's interesting, I
would have thought HP would have used what I call the 'Scorched IP'
approach, kinda like:

"Sorry, you can't have that version, it's no longer supported. It
is not freely available, we will not make it freely available, and
we will hunt down and kill anyone who illegally distributes or attempts
to distribute it."

Seriously, though, $1800 is a bit rich for hobbyist use, but I suspect
that price reflects the fact that there's probably *alot* of ATE based
on that platform that's still in use (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

A good solution can still do the same job a decade (or more) from
now . . .