Reviving old environments (was Re: Free VAX/Alpha hardware)

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 14:19:15 CDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Zane H. Healy <healyzh at aracnet.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Oct 2009, Ethan Dicks wrote:
>
>>> Well...  Get to work!  :-)
>>
>> What?  Do you have a Qbus COMBOARD?  ;-)
>
> Not that I know of, but the sooner it's archived the more likely it is to be
> possible.

What I need to image is the manufacturing test environment, not the
software we distributed to customers.  Our distro environment is one
of the things that's backed up 3 ways (along with our development
environment, etc).

If you _have_ a Software Results Corporation Model 652, 752 or 1252,
I'd love to hear about it.  I don't have any pictures right now, but
it's a full-sized Qbus card with a great honking MC68000 (could be
ceramic, could be plastic), a Z8530 DUART, a 512KB patch of 41256s,
and a wad of PALs, and the company name, address and support number
(1.800.SRC.DATA) in the silkscreen layer.  There were only a few
hundred ever made.  I don't know if _I_ even have a working one right
now (we sold them until they sold out, and there weren't many on the
bench to repair).