TU56 lamp replacement

Vincent Slyngstad vrs at msn.com
Sat Oct 24 16:19:58 CDT 2009

From: "Ethan Dicks":
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Vincent Slyngstad wrote:
> > That prompted an interesting line of research. Those are apparently
> > DEC part number 12-09637, which in turn is a "Line-o-Lite" 3590A20.
> > Here's a picture of one, but they are sold out:
> > http://www.surplusshed.com/pages/item/m2255.html
> > http://www.surplusshed.com/photo.cfm?ID=M2255_1
>
> Nice find; shame they are sold out.  I'd buy 10 in a heartbeat at
> those prices (I have more than one drive to keep happy).

Yeah, me too :-(.

> I myself will probably go the route of an LED replacement, but it's
> always good to know what the incandescent options are.

I also found this: http://www.pdp8.net/tu56/tu56.shtml
in which Dave G. describes a successful use of the CM2182 (14V,
80ma) bulb in this application.  There don't seem to be many
low current bulb choices -- the CM2174 perhaps, but it's only
about 1/3 as bright, and only about 1/4 as long-lasting.

> Thanks, Vince!

No problem!

    Vince