rackmount furniture

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Oct 28 16:18:56 CDT 2009

How do you keep heat from becoming an issue?

We recently bought a house.  My datacenter is a series of racks in the
garage.  I have a real problem, the garage isn't insulated.  As a result
it gets D*** hot out there in the summer.  I didn't actually get the servers
brought online till summer was basically over, but even then I had to have
my wife keep an eye on things.  When it got to hot, she had to open the door
to the garage and aim a fan such that it would blow the cool air onto the
computers.  I really need to solve the problem before next summer, or else
I'll likely have to shut my servers down part of the time. :-(

Zane