Panasonic JA751 8" drive question

jim s jws at jwsss.com
Sat Oct 31 18:38:02 CDT 2009

Before having applied power, you might have wanted to look up some
components and buzzed which of the pins that the power pins went to, or
looked at any voltage conversion tanks for clues to the supply in and
outputs before applying power in any way.  It might just be that Molex
had cheap connectors that week, and you fried the thing completely
(sorry to be down, but it is a common connector)

Hopefully it is just that it needs the extra voltage.  Weren't some of
the 8" drives triple voltage?  it might have 5, 12, and 24 on 4 pins as
another guess.
Jim