Desoldering Chips, was Re: Can someone confirm this chip equivalence?

Marvin Johnston marvin at west.net
Thu Apr 8 01:23:01 CDT 2010

Another thing that works (but you have to be careful) is to use an xacto
knife to cut the leads using the uncut leads as a "stop". At the point
most of the leads are cut, you can use a standard cutter to clip the
last lead on each side.

(Still trying to figure out how this is related to chip equivalence.)