Canon PJ 1080A printer manual

dwight elvey dkelvey at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 12 19:30:41 CDT 2010

> From: ray at arachelian.com
>
> dwight elvey wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> >  It is not clear what you are looking for. I'm told that the
> >
> > PCL codes are the same as the HP's.
> >

> Wait, so you're saying this is a PCL printer?  I thought they made this
> before PCL came out.  This is one of the first color ink jets, somewhere
> around 1983-85.

Hi Ray
 No, I guess not. It wasn't until later that they began using PCL codes.
I have a few codes used for their black and white bubble jet and
a few for their early laser beam. If it is something simple, I may
be able to help some.
 I have source code for the Canon Cat and it has drivers ( written
in Forth ) for the bubble, laser and a few daisy wheel.
 Things like underline or pitch are in the code. This was all done
in '85 or earlier.
Dwight