retr0brite not so right?

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 3 14:09:10 CDT 2010

> Just so its clear: I would never allow "one of a kind" items to be
> operated.  For things like that, you create a replica/simulacrum

I really don't see the point in owning or presrving a machine if you
never operate it. Sure you don't let j-random-plubinc lose on it, but
surely you'd run it yourself or let other clueful people hace a go.

I have been lent some fairly rare machines (<20 know to exist) with the
lender knowing I am going to take them apart. As he said 'I have them for
educatiunal reasons, and you want to use them for learning'. (And yes, I
did put them back together again, working...)