VAX on a cell phone

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 12:41:39 CDT 2010

On 8/11/10, Patrick Finnegan <pat at computer-refuge.org> wrote:
> In that vein, I have spent some time over the past week or so setting up
> my cell phone (an HTC Evo running Android) to emulate a VAX by running
> SIMH... And then using a VT125 for its console:
>
> http://worldofvax.blogspot.com/2010/08/htc-evo-and-vt125.html
>
> Enjoy the insanity!

Nice.  It's handy that you have the terminal servers on hand - I'd be
scrounging for a way to get the bits from the terminal to the phone
and vice versa.

Do you think it would work to get a bluetooth serial interface for the
VT125, or would there be no way to induce the phone to pair up to that
for a virtual 'comport'?

-ethan