SparcBook Tadpole

dwight elvey dkelvey at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 11 09:37:21 CDT 2010

Hi
 With the help of Jim S and Dave McGuire, I got my Spacrbook working.
It does have an issue. It says the clock it not working and needs to be
set. I opened is up to clean any remaining KOH from leaky NiCads
and saw it had one of those MK48T02B chips in it.
 I tried doing a search on google for anyone hacking these chips
to replace the battery but all I got were chip sales.
 There is some on ebay but I don't know if the batteries will
be any good.
 I suspect the battery has some life. It still boots with a hostname
and ethernet address but how much longer, who knows.
Dwight