SCSI to IDE

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 16:16:17 CST 2010

> Around here, USA if I want a ARM to proto with I just go on the net and
> look for a board with the desired arm on it  I bought one recently for
> $150 and the config was ARM9, 64meg ram, built in 256mb of flash with
> linux in it and the usual USB, Ethernet and an IO extension area.
> Plug in a USB flash of 16gb and you can bootstrap develop on it.

Only 2 problems with me doing that :

1) $150 is far too expensive for one of my projects. I am used to
microcontrollers costing a few pounds at msot

2) I don't want a pre-built board with peripherals I don't need on it. I
am a great believeer in actually designin the hardware to suit the
problem I am solving