Drive Type International Memories, Inc. (IMI) 5012H

Bill Degnan billdeg at degnanco.com
Sun Dec 5 22:22:45 CST 2010

The IMI 5012H is I am told a clone of the Shugart ST-512, which is a type 1
drive, can anyone confirm this?  I am, working to resurrect an IBM AT.
Silly me I disconnected the battery and lost the configuration settings.  I
attempted to run setup, but when I declare the drive to be type 1 (or 2),
the system returns a 1780 error code (drive seek error)...which makes me
wonder if this is not really a drive type=1.
Thanks

Bill Degnan