Drive Type International Memories, Inc. (IMI) 5012H

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 06:16:05 CST 2010

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010, MikeS wrote:

> Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 17:33:50 -0500
> From: "Curt @ Atari Museum" <curt at atarimuseum.com>
> Subject: Re: Drive Type International Memories, Inc. (IMI) 5012H
>
>> Weren't IMI's used in much of the earlier Corvus drives too?
>
> Yes, in fact Corvus later acquired IMI AFAIK.

And, unfortunately, the older "flat cable" Corvus systems will only work
with IMI drives.  I've tried Seagates with the same geometry as
replacements with no success.  There's something different in their
behavior.  One of these days I'll get ahold of a logic analyzer and try to
figure out what it is.