3B1 emulator: IT BOOTS! (sort of)

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 13:54:17 CST 2010

> They say "A picture says a thousand words"... well, here's a screenshot
> of the current version of FreeBee booting the System Loader and
> Diagnostics disc for the 3B1:

OK, waht was the problem?

[...]
> I'm looking for other folks to help out with this -- a reasonably
> experienced 68K coder would be useful, or folks who know how the WD 1010
> and 2797 Winchester and FDD controllers behave in 'real life'
> (unfortunately I don't have a 2797 to breadboard with).

As you know, I am mch more of a hardware person, but I have talked ot the
1793 etc disk controllers (and the 279x is much the same as a 179x with
some of the support chips built-in). If oyu have any specific questions I
will see what I can rememebr...

I also have the data sheets for both these chips if you don't have them