Capacitors -- replacements?

dwight elvey dkelvey at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 11 08:46:48 CST 2010

Hi
 I have a couple of smaller Lambda bench supplies.
They have a number of electrlytics in them but almost
every one that is marked "Lambda Long Life" has failed.
They are nice supplies so I keep fixing them.
 They seem to mostly go dry as yours has rather
than going short. I'd rather this as it save solid state
parts around them.
 As long as you aren't expecting 100% capacitance
and supper low ESR, the ones they have seem fine.
I had one failing in a Poly88 chassis. I replaced it
with one of the units they had and it has been working
fine ever since. I think most of theirs were made in the
90's so there not all that old.
Dwight