Service bureaus (Was: Tek 4051 firmware listing

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Dec 13 13:46:50 CST 2010

On 13 Dec 2010 at 14:11, MikeS wrote:

> As a matter of fact my very first job was also in a service bureau and
> that's where I also learned the importance of being able to charm the
> ladies, a skill that's served me well (and gotten me into considerable
> trouble) in subsequent years...

Another skill to be learned was the ability to block-print neatly and
legibly, differentiating "1" from "I", "0" from "O", etc.  It was all
uppercase, so that simplified things somewhat.  To this day, I still
put a line through my "7", although I've dropped the stroke through
my zero as most people find it to be confusing.

To this day, my cursive sucks, but my block printing is exemplary.

--Chuck