C64-C128 CP-M Cartridge Interest

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri Dec 24 20:19:41 CST 2010

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010, Alexandre Souza - Listas wrote:
>     What is needed to CREATE (and not build) a CP/M compatible computer?
>     Now it got me puzzled. I have some circuit adaptations of MSX and TRS-80
> computers, as minimal computers to run CP/M code. But what is needed -
> beyond Z80 and 64K of RAM - to run CPM? Is there any kind of doc discussing
> it?

You don't NEED 64K.  CP/M can run in 16K.  But, if you want a decent sized
TPA, you can have 50+ K TPA with 64K, or even 63K TPA with 128K.

8080.  Yeah, a Z80 is NICE.  and FAST!  and some aps insist on it.  But,
CP/M can run on 8080, 8085, and anything else, including emulators that
can handle 8080 code.

It's too bad that nobody brought up CP/M on the Kyoceras (Radio Shack
model 100, Nec 8200, etc).  THAT would have been a project.
Or on the Epson RC20!