Discferret questions

David Griffith dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu
Fri Dec 31 05:12:26 CST 2010

I'm looking at my aging desktop machine and realize that its replacement
probably won't have a native floppy interface, so I started thinking about
the super-powered USB-floppy interface previously discussed here.  I
forgot what it was called, so I stumbled across this page:
http://www.deviceside.com/.  I quickly figured out what I wanted was the
Discferret.  Does anyone know anything about this anemic alternative?

This led me to some more questions:
1) Can the Discferret handle flippies?
2) Can I daisychain two drives to a single Discferret?
3) How much more work would it be to make a Discferret talk to an 8-inch
drive?

I'd buy one or two now, but finances aren't that great right now.

--
David Griffith
dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu