hp 9153 floppy & disk

Christian Corti cc at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Feb 8 08:17:40 CST 2010

On Sat, 6 Feb 2010, Rik Bos wrote:
> Witch Vectra do you mean ?

The "classic" Vectra of course. We had *many* of those years ago at the
computer sience department, bought around 1986 so that the people could
work on their "own personal computer" instead of sharing one big and slow
one (there was a VAX11/780 and 11/750 at that time).

I've made some pictures of a) the ISA controller card and b) the disk
drive that goes with it. The controller part number is 5061-2826, the
drive sled including the drives 45816A, and the HDA's number is
97500-85620. The sled contains two drives for a total capacity of 2x20 MB.
I think the transfer rate is 4 Mbit/s; there's an 8 MHz quarz oscillator
on it.

Christian