cctech Digest, Vol 78, Issue 17

MikeS dm561 at torfree.net
Sat Feb 13 03:01:31 CST 2010

Message: 12
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 08:44:40 -0800
From: "Chuck Guzis" <cclist at sydex.com>
Subject: Re: Hacking a typewriter into a teletype
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts"
<cctalk at classiccmp.org>

On 12 Feb 2010 at 6:36, Christian Liendo wrote:

> I figured some one on this list would find this useful.
>
> http://numist.net/post/2010/project-typewriter.html

Didn't a number of Brother typewriter models have the capability of
also serving as printers--without modifications?  I also wonder if it
might not be better to start with a word-processor type of
typewriter.

Mr. Obvious on the web page stated:

"it also revealed that avr-gcc's code generation is very poorly
optimized"

--Chuck

There's a genuine Brother computer>typewriter RO interface
for sale right now ($5) on the Vintage Computer auction site.

And if anyone wants to convert an Olivetti typewriter, I still
have a box full of interfaces for several models from the
days when I was involved in their sales and support.

mike