Manual scanning: TIFF-to-PDF software with greyscale support?

Michael B. Brutman mbbrutman-cctalk at brutman.com
Mon Feb 15 10:12:18 CST 2010

I think I figured my TIFF to PDF problem out.

When I say 'Zoom 100%', I expect each bit of my image to be displayed
with no scaling.  Well, Acrobat Reader doesn't work that way.  AR
assumes screen resolution, so what was a 400 dpi bitmap at 100% zoom on
AR gets downsampled to 72dpi for display purposes.  To get back to see
individual pixels you have to zoom to 555% or something nutty like that.

I tried it and it looks like all of my pixels are there.  Can anybody
else confirm this (bad) behavior?

Mike