HP-IB, Amigo/cs80 was Re: hp 9153 floppy & disk

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Mon Feb 15 21:12:00 CST 2010

On 2/15/10 6:56 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:

> But talking about an Arudino in the same breath as doing an HPIB
> adapter seems, well, a bit strange in that a considerable amount of
> research is necessary simply to understand HPIB.  Far more than it
> takes to hook up a 20 pin DIP, it seems to me.
>
> But maybe not.

The problems are in the Amigo and CS80 protocol timing details.

http://www.hp9845.net/9845/projects/hpdrive/

figured it out, but thanks to it being closed-source you all get
to figure it all out again

At least you have the 'describe' parameters available now.

Frankly, at the level of discussion I'm seeing, I doubt anything
will come of this here.